Trainers Buyers Guide
have an "Elliptical Buyers Guide" on their website. Here is a
summary of the various recommendations to help you buy the best
elliptical trainer for your need.
- Adjustable incline and resistance.
- Elliptical motion.
- Spend 20 minutes testing (i.e. exercising) on a unit.
- Forward and reverse motions.
- Quiet operation.
- Electronic features.
- Safety features such as handrails and elliptical movement.
- Maintenance free.
- Warranty of at least 1 year labor and 1 - 3 years
Proform and NordicTrack
These belong to the same parent company, ICON Health & Fitness.
Their recommendations and buying guide are very similar.
- Magnetic resistance for smooth forward and
- At least a 13" stride (Proform website) or 17" stride
- Incline capability to
targe different muscle groups.
- Control panels with
basic info such as speed, time and distance.
- Advanced control
panels for video games, iPod, sound systems and more.
- Space saver designs
allowing ellipticals to fold up for easy storage.
- Upper body arm
- Rear drive ellipticals have better feel for the motion.
- Variable motion ellipticals.
Feel free to print out these high level elliptical buying guide and
take it to your store of choice. Use it as a check list when buying
your next elliptical trainer or machine.
Guide to Elliptical Trainer Machines
EllipticalShop.net - Elliptical
Trainers, Machines, Reviews, Buy on Sale
Comparative shopping guide to the best elliptical trainer machines you
can buy online. Proform, Schwinn, Nordictrack, Horizon, Weslo, Octane,
Ironman, Healthrider, Diamondback, Tunturi, LifeFitness and more.
Summary of reviews as published on manufacturer websites.